Thursday, May 24, 2007

Why Photography?

I was asked "why photography?" when I joined the Boston Photography Center. I think I finally figured part of that question out:

Photography, unlike most art forms, generally doesn't attempt to create. Rather, a good photographer will see the beauty surrounding him in every moment and capture it. He freezes the essence of the world in that place and time. Therefore, a photographer should be humble--his job is to capture (reflect) the inherent glory of creation in his work.

A parallel: as Christians, we too should learn to be fully present in every moment. Then we can humbly always be reflecting the glory of God to those around us.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5/24/2007 10:40 PM, Blogger Meg said...

You are such a natural at taking pictures. I love your unique prospective!

 
At 5/25/2007 2:23 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Hmm... this little post has given me a lot to think about. Expect a post at Narf's Cavern on Christian aesthetics whenever I get around to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home