Wednesday, May 23, 2007

17 of 22

One of my good friends here in Boston posted a while ago letting readers experience a day in her life through a series of images. I feel inspired. I'll let you see my yesterday--17 pictures from May 22nd.


7:43am: After getting up and out the door, Jen and I got on the T (Boston's subway). Jen's spending these next couple weeks at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) as a nursing liaison for Partner's Hospice, so we get to spend a bit more time together in the morning.

8:17am: Jen gets off at Charles/MGH, but I get to spend a bit more time on the train.

8:20am: Almost every day I take a picture of Boston's Back Bay while crossing the Charles River.

8:45am: At Davis station I listened to a trumpet player for a while. To see him in action click here (coming soon).


9:15: On my walk from Davis to Tufts I pass by Power House Square. There's a great historical park (see slideshow) where I spent an hour relaxing and taking pictures.


9:50am: Saint Clement's church is also on my walk. I usually take a few minutes to read and pray before I start my day.


10:22am: Finally made it to school.


10:48am: In my group's Non-Linear Optics Research lab I then spent several hours trying to make my unruly Labview code cooperate (trying to add a 3rd dimension of control to the XYZ stage seen in the center of the photo--sounds exciting, doesn't it?).


1:13pm: I spent several hours in the computer lab (being very productive . . . . if only it were true . . .)


6:36pm: Chris wanted to hang out and go driving, so he picked me up at Tufts.


7:38pm: We drove down to UMASS Boston where we found Stone Hinge.


7:44pm: We saw Malibu was around (who knew?), so we took a quick detour before Chris dropped me off at Davis station.


8:03pm: At Davis Station--train going the wrong way (which was fortunate since I still needed to get to the platform).

8:04pm: Back on the empty T.


8:16pm: Across the Charles again.


8:53pm: Jen kindly came to pick me at Quincy Adams station.


9:26pm: Two of my favorite things: my pretty wife and taco salad. (Don't worry, the first trumps the second any day.)


9:42pm: Having fun with Dustie. She got a couple new toys yesterday--a laser pointer and a toy mouse.
10:47pm: We tried to make it through Syriana for the second night. We made progress before we fell asleep. Perhaps we can actually finish it tonight.



So what was your day like?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 5/23/2007 11:39 AM, Blogger Taylor W said...

And no, I didn't forget about the month in review, it's just that I took all these pictures . . . .

I'll get back on topic soon.

 
At 5/24/2007 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taylor...love the pictures! I need to do this again! Also, you didn't mention you got a cat! How wonderful!! Give your sweet wife a hug from me.

 
At 6/02/2007 1:01 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Man, you have one hot wife. :) You lucky guy you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home