Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Jobs and Houses

As much as I like talking about theory and theology I know some of you would far prefer to hear about what's gone on since we arrived up here. This is for you.

Bob from 3AApartments.com found us and the Plotts apartments before we even left the south. He found gems. We're the entire second floor of the pictured house (if you click on the picture you can see other views of our place inside and out). A interesting turn of events was that after both our families agreed to the places Bob found for us (with no more than words and pictures), Bob offered Meghan a part time job. Truly a blessing.

Jennie's been working at Vistacare Hospice. Next week she'll start out on her own with her own set of patients to care for. Her heart is amazing--such love and caring for people. Watching her interact with people truly helps me understand the depths of God's love better. I'm so proud of her.

Jen's job was also a Godsend. At the interview (which her manager had completely forgotten about) she was offered the job on the spot. She had never really enjoyed working at the hospital (especially not the night schedule), but last week her boss offered her a day off and she didn't even take advantage of it. I love seeing her happy.

I'm working a great temp job at Quincy College Bookstore. They needed help for the back to school rush and somehow had my resume laying around. It's a small place with only 4 full time employees (that's including the two managers) and really feels like a family. Jay, one of the employees there, is a very smart and enjoyable liberal. We have hours long conversations each day (today included dimensionality, black matter, string theory . . . .). He definitely keeps me thinking and questioning--two of my favorite things.

In a couple weeks I'll be starting the Master's program for Biomedical Engineering at Tufts University. For those who have been asking, here's a definition for bioengineering. I've sure enjoyed this past year without serious classes, but I suppose I can survive a couple more years. I'll let you know how it goes.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9/04/2006 5:17 PM, Blogger See-Dub said...

What a delightful apartment! I really enjoyed seeing the photos, too, since most of us Texans would never get to see your place otherwise.

I know God is blessing you both! We're praying for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home